Navigate to another WorkItem from Process Diagram Tab
Why is this functionality useful?
Sometimes you want to view details of a Process which haven't been included in the WorkItem you are viewing (e.g. answer to a question). In order to see that detail you have to close the WorkItem, open the Process diagram and navigate to that WorkItem or find that specific WorkItem in your WorkItem List. And, as you know, this takes time...
This functionality allows you to navigate directly to other Standard WorkItems in a process from within the WorkItem process diagram. Meaning you do not need to navigate out of the WorkItem in order to view the detail of a Process which is in another WorkItem. You can click on the Process Diagram tab in the WorkItem and select the WorkItem you want to view in the Process!
Things you need to know...
- You can ONLY navigate to other Standard WorkItems
- You can still request access to WorkItems you want to see but don't have access to yet
- The Standard WorkItem can be Active, Inactive, Completed or Bypassed
- You cannot navigate to the Start or End WorkItem
- If you make changes to the Context Objects on the form, you have to Save before navigating to another WorkItem
How to navigate to another WorkItem on the Process Diagram when in a WorkItem
- In the WorkItem Details page click on the Process Diagram Tab
- Click on any Standard WorkItem shape in the diagram
- The selected WorkItem will load
Caveats for this functionality
Navigating to another WorkItem after making changes to fields
If you make changes to the fields on a form, you will have to Save before navigating to another WorkItem
- In a WorkItem, update a field on the form (you are in the WorkItem Details page at this point)
- Click on the Process Diagram Tab
- Then click on any Standard WorkItem shape in the diagram
- A warning message appears telling you that save needs to happen before navigating, click OK
- Save the WorkItem
- Now you can click on the Standard WorkItem shape you wanted to navigate to
- The selected WorkItem loads
Clicking close in the WorkItem Details page takes you back to where you first opened the WorkItem
Example One: Opening the WorkItem from the Process Diagram
If you navigate to a WorkItem from the Process diagram, when you close the WorkItem you will return to the process diagram page for the process
Example Two: Opening the WorkItem from the WorkItem List page
If you navigate to a WorkItem by clicking edit in the WorkItem List page, when you close the WorkItem you will return to the WorkItem List page